My Brand New 2021 Levorg STI Sport EX has finally Arrived!

Michael_Anthony

Vehicle(s)
2020/2021 Levorg STI EX 1.8L Turbo(Japan model)
Hello All, I'm new to the Subie family and thought I'd join this forum to learn more about Levorgs in general. I just got the newest model here in Japan fully spec'd out, which is fantastic, but it seems there's very little info on doing anything custom to it... I'm likely to wait till the warranty is up anyway, but in the interim, it would be wonderful to learn more about the CB18, if anyone else out there has a new model too, and what my options are for improvements down the road. :)

Michael_Anthony

Vehicle(s)
Sorry for the wait, we just got into an early rainy season here, so I just took some quick photos( sorry it's all dusty from the glass coat catching all the water). I'll do some better ones, once the weather clears up! :)

Attachments

Guvna

Vehicle(s)
MY17 Subaru Levorg 2.0LTR GTS
Sorry for the wait, we just got into an early rainy season here, so I just took some quick photos( sorry it's all dusty from the glass coat catching all the water). I'll do some better ones, once the weather clears up! :)
Thanks for the pics, she certainly is a big change from previous models, wheel arches, lower hood scoop, lights, both bumpers and LOTS of red inside. I believe it is larger than the other models too? Forgive my ignorance but I have to ask, what the hell is that on your back seat? Hope your enjoying it, welcome to the SubieNation ;)

Michael_Anthony

Vehicle(s)
Yeah, this is the STI version, so it has red seats- no other models have this set up. This color is also exclusive to the STI- crazy marketing strategy but it worked for me, because WR Blue Pearl, is my favorite color out of them all. lol I believe this VN5 is a tad bigger than the previous models, and they made the engine smaller, however, it being a new engine, they made it lighter yet more powerful than the other versions. It runs better gas mileage too. They call it "Lean Burn" technology where they purposely run the engine lean as possible until you get on the throttle, then it runs more like a normal engine until you back off. The funny thing is you MUST run in on regular unleaded as High Octane will make it run poorly and cause some problem that might damage the engine. Crazy right?

Oh, the thing in the back seat is a base for a child seat. LOL I have a 4-month old that rides with me sometimes. lol

TallMountain

Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Levorg 2.0 STI
Excellent, thanks for the pics, much appreciated. It must be interesting to drive, had you driven the previous model?

Michael_Anthony

Vehicle(s)
Excellent, thanks for the pics, much appreciated. It must be interesting to drive, had you driven the previous model?
Thanks. No, this is my first Subie and first time driving any Levorg. I absolutely love this car.

My comments on performance and specs with the older ones are based on Subaru Japan, Japanese forums, and magazines. :) …and a bit of YouTube too.

Wolvo

Vehicle(s)
Levorg GT-S
Hi Michael

Nice car glad Subaru didn't kill of the levorg like they have in the past with the other models That center screen looks massive is it user friendly

Michael_Anthony

Vehicle(s)
Hi Michael

Nice car glad Subaru didn't kill of the levorg like they have in the past with the other models That center screen looks massive is it user friendly
Yeah it’s pretty easy to use! It’s like a giant iPad I suppose. :)

Erynz

Vehicle(s)
2016 Levorg 2.0 GT.
What a good looking car. Love that blue. And looks to have sharper lines to it. Awesome....... One day :p

Michael_Anthony

Vehicle(s)
What a good looking car. Love that blue. And looks to have sharper lines to it. Awesome....... One day :p
Thank you! I almost got a black one, but I decided to go with the WR blue, because it's what reminds me of a Subaru, and it happens to be my favorite color. haha.

Yes, they made the lines more Gundam-like. I suspect the new WRX will look very similar. The interior definitely looks more luxurious compared to any other Subaru I've seen so far. I think they're trying to tap into a different market with this model.

Gabbone

Vehicle(s)
Subaru Levorg 1.6 2016
any news if Subaru is bringing this to Europe next year in any shape or form? Looking at history seems unlikely they will bring the STI version to Europe but even a "classic" 125 kW would do for me. This car is the jewel of wagons!

nicodache

I can ask my (Belgian) dealer when they're back from summer closure end of month. If you get an answer by then, please let us know in here ;)

Gabbone

Vehicle(s)
Subaru Levorg 1.6 2016
So a German dealer I know says new Levorg is only for Asia/Australia and, surprise surprise the US :) Sucks for us Europeans but I guess too much competition for Subaru in Europe on wagons..... and the sales numbers for last 5-6 years were really horrible. Found this article as well yesterday that kind of hints towards what I've been told with the tweak that they will brand it WRX as Levorg is probably too "French" :) for US customers. Also engine wise seems they will go with "beast" mode 2.4 standard WRX engine.

Anyways all rumors at this point but we'll see on September 10 when WRX gets launched in States!